Thursday, February 25, 2010











February 24, 2010
Headed for Jim's around 6:00am to get a ride up to Kirkwood. We got stuck in the campground parking lot, we can't believe how good the chains. They just take a minute to put on and can get you out of just about anything.

Kirkwood got 7-14 inchs during the night and it snowed pretty much the whole time we skiied...The snow was a little bit wet and heavy...I guess that is why they call it Sierra Cement, but not as heavy as Whistler..I didn't find it too bad other than it is a lot of work. Jim took one run with us and showed us what lifts went where and then he was tied up with photos and filming for the rest of the day. We ended up in one pretty steep area, it was a long run and I was proud when I got to the bottom and Bill said now turn around and look at what you just came down. Of course I was a intimitated at the top, but I saw one other girl in the area and there was no way I was letting her get down it and me wimping out...It is always good to see other girls out there to fire me up!!

We headed home early afternoon and went for a little walk to the lake. We both wish we were feeling better....it is hard with the altitude and exertion when you are not feeling well.

We picked Jim up from work.....Jim did a really nice job tuning our skis and I bet they are going to rock.....Thanks Bremco....We took him out for fish tacos....They were good, but not as good as the ones he makes!

Deb &Bill

2 comments:

  1. awesome pictures, what a beautiful spot. hard to believe swimming one day and skiing the next.

    womens hockey 2-0 for Canada - go Canada go

    in to visit Grandma tonight, she was rockin with the music in the dinning room, live band singing all the golden oldies

    looking forward to having your mom and dad home

    take care

    love Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb..
    Hope you guys feel better soon . I am doing ok with my arm , and I got through my first full day since Dominique left Tuesday morning . Looks like you will get quality skiing , enjoy and be safe . Coach ..

    ReplyDelete