Tuesday, February 23, 2010

February 23, 2010
Better sleep for us last night...Yeah!!
We tried to go on a BC tour this morning and ended up getting stuck at the entrance to the trail...we found out that our chains work great---better than the big 4X4 that was stuck up to his axle in this small parking spot. Just as we were putting the chains on the cell phone rang and it was Jim and he invited to take us on a little tour from his house. What perfect timing as we didn't really know what our plan was next. We drove over to Jim's and he took us on a nice little BC tour. It was perfect conditions for me...I wasn't so sure on the skin up as all I could see where those damn trees again, but then I remembered Hendricks advice not to look at the trees, but where I am going to lay my turns.. We were all surprised at how great the powder was as we thought it would be a little wet and heavy.
We went back to Jims and had a little visit, he invited us to stay there. A storm is moving in and it is snowing right now so we are going to stay at the campground tonight and probably tomorrow night as I can't see us getting out of here with this new snow, but we will take Jim up on his offer Thursday. I am really looking forward to it and going to treat it much like a spa visit. Jim & Karen have a beautiful home with a nice warm fireplace, woodstove and you can literally open up his back door and put your skis on and go touring. Nothing like having your own guide who knows this area like the back of his hand and did I mention he just happens to be an incredible chef...YEAH!!! The only thing missing is his beautiful wife who is working on the Cape right now...We miss you Karen!!!
We are meeting Jim for 7:00am tomorrow morning and he is taking us up to Kirkwood Resort to ski. He has to be there early to shot a ski video if you want to see him (he is an amazing skier) you can google http://www.kirkwood.com/ and he is on February 22nds video and will be on tomorrows also. It was very cool to see all the great ski photos in his house and posters he has been on for movies etc....Maybe he will give me some tips....hehe....always better to hear them from someone other than your husband.....I already received one tip from him as I was frozen stiff for a minute at the beginning of our ski out...I just couldn't make that first turn and he said to me "don't hold on to that for too long" and skiied away and I was ready to go!
We are looking foward to some freshies tomorrow!
D&B

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a great spot, Karen has spoken of their place in Lake Tahoe now you have experienced it, enjoy maybe you can have a bubble bath, but don't forget spa Eastman as it will be calling our name soon.

    Nancy P has been checking out Disney hotels for October yikes that is coming too fast for me.

    Take care and ski safe

    Love Nancy

    ReplyDelete