Wednesday, March 3, 2010




March 2, 2010


Got up this morning and decided to go for a cc ski and to the hot springs. Jim drove us there and the drive was pretty incredible. The rock formations were really cool and it seemed there was snow to one side of us and desert to the other...really incredible. I was thinking there is going to be no snow for us to ski on, but the ski conditions were very good. Just being out in the open air felt like a little piece of heaven to me. I took it all in....the beautiful trees and their sweet scent, the sounds of the river running along side the trail, the sage bushes just so beautiful. I could feel the warmth of the sun beating down on my dark clothes and thought this has got to cure me.

We met up with the maintenance man on the way in to the park and he mentioned to us that the lifeguards call in sick a lot and that the hot springs might not be open...once we hit the trails we were like "we are so jumping that fence if the lifeguard doesn't show!"..we were all looking so forward to our soak in the hot springs. Luckily the lifeguard did show up and we got our time in the hot springs....does life get any better than this? The guys talked me into doing a jump in the cold pool....yikes...that was refreshing!! All the minerals that were in that pool have to help me heal!

Bye for now
Deb
PS Karen I think Nimbus likes us! Wish you were here!

No comments:

Post a Comment