Monday, March 22, 2010

March 19, 2010
Got up and started drying our gear out. We hung up a line and put things out to dry. The campground was empty this morning. We had a friendly elk come and hang out on our site.
I slept really good last night. I had a bit of restless legs when I first laid down, but they settled down quickly. You could really hear the coyotes and the stars were amazing.
We didn’t get to spend a ton of time here, but I feel as though I have experienced the Grand Canyon from the top and bottom , so I am very satisfied with the time we spent there. We stopped a few times on the way out to just look one more time at the beauty of it.
We drove to Kanab Utah. We stopped at a few of the native jewelry stands on the Navajo reserve and they had some very beautiful pieces. I kept it simple with one turquoise ring and a little something for mom. I really enjoyed talking to the natives and seeing their jewelry and crafts.
We hit a sandstorm for part of the drive and that was really something to see. The sand was being swirled around up into what looked like funnel clouds. We were thinking we might need a new filter for the van by the time we got to Utah. Things settled down and the drive was very pretty with the red rock and the long views you get. We stopped at Lake Powell, checked out the damn there and walked over the bridge.
We pulled over at an information centre and spent the night.
Deb:)

No comments:

Post a Comment