Thursday, April 29, 2010

April 25, 2010
Happy Birthday Shannon!!!
Nance and I went for a walk towards the ocean and got caught in a rain storm. Bill came to our rescue. We did a little shopping today and I took Nancy to a pow-wow. We got invited into the circle and took part in a friendship dance…. it was cool. I love the drum music …we could hear it from our campsite.
Bill and I took Nancy out for a seafood diner for her last evening here. We got back early in time to see the sunset and have one last campfire together.
April 26, 2010
Drove Nancy back to the airport this morning. We left around 8:00 and I got back around 3:30. The GPS quit on me right after I dropped her off. I knew I was heading the wrong way, so I pulled off and restarted it and got back on track. I had to do that a couple of times on the way back…so frustrating.
I think Nancy really enjoyed her time here. Not exactly a 5 star resort, but she met some 5 star friends!
We all had a nice dinner together and everyone was happy after a great day of sailing.
We have missed you Kyle & Catrina!! I keep looking over at your spot expecting you to be there. I kept telling Bill on the way here that Kyle and I were going to celebrate our 40th together here as we missed Kyle’s party in Maine…..
April 27, 2010
Another great day of sailing!! A perfect last day for Janice & Jerry and Jon & Maria.
Sure is going to be quiet here tomorrow….Hard to watch everyone leave, but we will see Janice and Jerry in Cape Cod next month and I think Jon & Maria are going to be there for the long weekend in May. That will make us 3 for 3 Jon…March, April & May..
Great campfire…incredible moonlight….Oscar made everyone smores…He is just too cute!
April 28, 2010
Big storm last night….not much sleep…big wind, big thunder & lightening!!
Waved good bye to J&J from bed…brrr….helped Jon & Maria with Oscar and Willa, so they could pack up. Bill did pretty good with Willa…I was impressed…
Very windy again today and looks like it might stay that way for another week. The North Bay gang is coming to Rodanthe this weekend so we might spend another week here.
We went to the ocean tonight with Bob and Joan to watch the full moon rise. It was very magical…the waves were crashing on shore and the lighthouse was lighting up the water. The firey red light came right up from the ocean and then ducked behind a cloud and lite up the whole sky , then it turned orange then yellow as it climbed into the sky….it only took me 40 years to watch that happen from start to finish!!!
Please drop us a line and let us know how everyone is….
Deb

2 comments:

  1. Deb..Almost all packed and ready to go into Algonquin on sat.May 1st . Did ball and board work this week and arm is coming back . Took my canoe for a little walk and arm felt fine . Nice pics of Hatteras , the beach looks great ..on the Rustic side , just like we like it ...right . Be safe in May . Coach ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct 5 star friends, it was a great experience and I know now why the two of you are drawn back there each year.

    Love Nancy

    ReplyDelete