Sunday, April 25, 2010

April 19, 2010
Went up to Rodanthe today and visited with Jon, Maria, Oscar & Willa, Bart &Betsy and their kids and Anthony and Julie. It was really great to hang out at their rental house with their beautiful pool and tiki bar. Anthony our friend who owns a hip restaurant in West Palm Beach which is getting rave reviews in several magazines made us dinner. It was really great to have a visit with everyone. Jon & Maria will be moving down to the campground later next week.

April 20, 2010
Drove to the airport today to pick up Nancy. I was a little bit nervous to go by myself as I didn’t know my way to the Norfolk Virginia airport, but I was so excited she was coming I knew I would find my way to her. We only have 2 seats in our cargo van, so that is why I had to go myself. It was my little adventure. The weather was good and it took me a little over 3 hours. …Not to bad…… I can’t believe she is here….I am so glad to see her. We had a nice visit on the drive back to the campground.
Nancy, Bob & Joan, Bill & I had a campfire. Nice evening. Nancy is all set up in the trailer with me. We moved Bill out to the van…hehe…

April 21, 2010
Beautiful morning! Nancy and I went for a 15km walk on the beach. It was nice to get caught up with each other. Bill and Kevin went SUPing. We drove to see the lighthouse and found out about the tours you can go on.
It clouded over this afternoon and we just all huddled under our canopy around the fire and visited.
We decided it was a good night to go out to dinner at the gingerbread house for the best pizza! Kevin & Mirella, Janice & Jerry, Bob and Joan and Bill, Nancy and I went. Just as we were having dinner the sun came out and it was still pouring out, but there was the most incredible rainbow right over the gingerbread house.. we all had to go outside in the rain to enjoy it…Another great campfire tonight!

April 22, 2010
Another great morning. Nancy and I decided to do the beach walk again. We got to see some dolphins. We got back to the campground around 12:30 and we packed up a picnic and all went to the ocean for the afternoon. What a perfect beach day…or are they all perfect beach days???? I think Nance is enjoying her visit. Everyone went out kiting and windsurfing in the sound this morning and SUPing in the ocean in the afternoon.
We had grandma DiGioia’s famous spaghetti sauce made by Janice for dinner..what a treat!
We had a real fire tonight…not a propane one.

April 23, 2010
Got up and biked to Hatteras this morning. Nancy enjoyed the ride. We went to the ocean, but there was no surf for the boys. Nance and I just hung out. Nancy tried SUPing. Kevin, Mirela and I all went out SUPing in the sound. This little girl was watching me, so I let her try it…she was so cute.
Bill and I were in charge of dinner tonight. Nice evening. We are expecting rain the next couple of days…

April 24, 2010
Nancy, Bill and I went for a walk to the ocean this morning. It was a little wet. The boys did a down winder on their kites in the ocean and crossed over the highway into the sound. A couple of them went MIA and Jon had to go pick them up.
Went for a little shop with Nancy, Janice and Joan to Hatteras Village. Then Nancy and I went to Avon to do a little laundry at Kevin and Mirela’s and to check out the shopping there.
Jon, Maria, Oscar and Willa moved into a little cabin here today. Oscar was whipping around on his bike and chasing Jerry and Bill everywhere. We had a really nice dinner together and the weather co-operated long enough for us to eat outside.
We did a memorial for Charlie tonight. We each lite a floating candle and let them go out into the water. Bob said a few words about Charlie and thanked him for bringing us all together. It was very moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment