Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June 3, 2010
We started our journey home today.
I did one last run with Janice and we talked about our adventures together and how much we are going to miss each other. It is never easy to say good-bye to the EVAN’S…but away we go………
We decided to drive through Lake George, Keane (you are right Jon..very cool place) and Lake Placid. We decided to spend the night in Lake Placid and walk around the little village. It was very beautiful and definitely makes our list

June 4, 2010
We arrived in Picton at Auntie G’s around noon. Rod, Ali and the twins were there to meet us.. Rory and Taryn. It was so great to finally meet the twins!! Jane brought over Nolan, Keenan and the new baby Ethan which was so nice!! We had a great dinner together and bonfire. It felt really good to be with family, but it also made me even more anxious to see my parents….

June 5, 2010
We got up and had coffee with everyone and headed out. We stopped in Stirling to visit with Dean and the kids ….. Just long enough for Nolan to show Bill his moves on the Wii..
We headed to Toronto to see Bill’s dad who is the Toronto General Hospital. We had a nice surprise as Andrea and the boys were at Kevin’s. Adam has become a real teenager with a very deep voice….and Alex is sporting a new cool hair cut. We had a nice evening together and dinner downtown Toronto. It was great to all be together and to see that Bill’s dad is on the mend.

June 6, 2010(later in the day)
We made it home………………yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was late afternoon when we pulled in and we were greeted by Sonya and her mom Patti who held up a banner saying “welcome home Bill & Deb” and all the kids on the Street had signed it…..How sweet is that!!! We hung out on the Street for a couple hours getting caught up with all the kids…looking at x-rays from broken elbows, reading report cards, hearing about hockey and track meets. It felt good to be home.
I finally got my moms cell phone to ring in Temagami and she was quite surprised we were already home. She had been trying to call us, but our cell phone stopped working when we crossed the border into Canada. She told me she would be home in the morning and that we could have lunch together….but being an only child I said to Bill…..”they will be home within the next hour and a half” and sure enough the phone rang and they were home. We ran over there and it was so GREAT to see them!!! I think Bill and I chatted non-stop for 2 hours…kept them up passed their bedtime that is for sure…

No comments:

Post a Comment