Friday, May 7, 2010

As Janice left Hatteras she asked me what I was going to do with my blog and I said “well because we are just staying in the same spot, doing the same thing I have run out of things to say” and she said “why don’t you write more about yourself and what you are experiencing?.”
I was really nervous at first to attempt this and then I started thinking back to high school when my English/ Creative Writing teacher Mr.Southcott presented me with a journal one day at the end of class after grading a story I had handed in about my dad. He wrote in the inside of the journal to never stop writing. Unfortunately this journal and story were lost or misplaced in one of our moves, but I never forgot that he took the time to go out and purchase me the journal and from that day forward I was addicted to journaling and always write at the end of the day (sometimes on my cheque book or receipts or anything I can get my hands on if my journal is not handy.)
I was always worried about my spelling and grammer in his class and thought for sure I would fail…but he taught me as long as your stories are coming from the heart nothing else matters.
So after Janice left for home I started thinking about what she said and then my writing voices started …stories started swirling through my head….when I am out walking, when we are driving, or worst of all when I lay down at night…the stories all intertwine and wake me up from a deep sleep to be sure I have not missed a minute of the gifts that have been sent to me on this journey.
People keep asking me “how is your vacation? Or when does your vacation end?
When I refer to this as a vacation to Bill…..he always answers me with “Deb this is not a vacation this is our life”….It is like the world is my classroom right now and I don’t want to miss one lesson!
Please bear with me as I share my lessons and silly stories!!
Thanks for the inspiration and encouragement Janice!

2 comments:

  1. Deb, I so look forward to the begining of writing from your eyes and your experience in your personal journey. Get going and don't ever stop. I have watched for many years how your journaling has given you peace.
    Ahh nice tonight, Lorne, Rory and I are at the rv park, it is the first time that I have had Rory here by herself, she is such a wonderful little girl with some of the sweetest smiles and facial expressions.
    Keep up the good work and spelling, well if that is what someone is checking maybe they should be doing other more important things.
    Love
    Ger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb: You should be so very proud of your writing skills as you are truly gifted....but then you have been blessed with many gifts in life!!! It was so wonderful to talk to you the other night and I was so appreciative of your care and compassion. I so understand how important friendships are especially during difficult times of our lives.

    Keep up the great stories and enjoy the rest of your time....it is going by so fast.

    Best Wishes... Wanda

    ReplyDelete